The LPC1850-DB1 evaluation board consists of the most essential components that you need to start your development.
It contains the LPC1850 ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller, USB, Ethernet and JTAG connectors, 4 push buttons + 4 LEDs, 16MBit external NOR flash.
The LPC1850-DB1 evaluation board can be connected to a wide range of extension boards (TFT/Transmissive LCD Extension Board with Touch Screen, HDMI/DVI Extension Board, SDIO/SD Card + I2C/SPI Memories Extension Board and RS232, RS485, CAN Bus and Full Speed USB Extension Board).
LPC1850-DB1 Development Board Components
The LPC1850-DB1 development board contains most of the extensively used components. Its peripheral support can be easily extended by the LPC1850-DB1 PCB soldering options and wide range of extension boards.
The LPC1850-DB1 evaluation board hardware components are:
- LPC1850 - 150 MHz, 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3.
- USB 2.0 High-speed interface - with mini USB type-B connector.
- 10/100MBit Ethernet interface - LPC1850-DB1 evaluation board contains assembled external PHY and connector.
- ARM Standard JTAG/SWD connector - 20-pin 2.54mm (0.1 inch)
- External NOR flash - 16MB Spansion S29AL016J70TFI01
- 4 user push-buttons + reset button
- 5 user controlled LEDs - 4 green LEDs + 1 red LED
- Boot select jumpers
- Side connectors and plastic legs
LPC1850-DB1 PCB Soldering Options
LPC1850-DB1 evaluation board can be extended by soldering the following components:
- External SDRAM - we have tested the board with Micron MT48LC4M32B2-7 Synchronous DRAM.
- Real-Time Clock (RTC) - there are placeholder for RTC crystal and connection points for external power supply.
- Cortex Debug Connector - the small and low cost 10-pin 1.27mm (0.05 inch) connector can be assembled to access SWD, SWV, and JTAG signals available on Cortex-M4 and Cortex-M0 processors.
- Cortex Debug + ETM Connector - this small 20-pin 1.27mm (0.05 inch) connector can be assembled to access SWD, SWV, JTAG, and ETM (4-bit) signals available on Cortex-M3 processors.
The Directive on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment 2002/95/EC (commonly referred to as the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive or RoHS) was adopted in February 2003 by the European Union. This directive restricts the use of six hazardous materials in the manufacture of various types of electronic and electrical equipment.
LPC-1850-DB1 Development Board adapter is RoHS compliant.
- Documentation and Downloads
Title Links Description Connectors and Jumpers Port and pins assignment on available connectors and jumpers description. Schematics Board schematics. Mechanical Drawing Board mechanical drawing.