The LPC4357-DB1 evaluation board consists of the most essential components that you need to start your development. It contains the LPC4357-FET256 dual-core controller, USB, Ethernet and JTAG connectors, 4 push buttons + 4 LEDs, 16MBit external NOR flash. LPC4357-DB1-B and LPC4357-DB1-C evaluation boards also carry the external 64 Mbit SDRAM.
The LPC4357-FET256 microcontoller is a first dual-core processor with Cortex-M4 DSP and Cortex-M0 co-processor. It contains 136 kB of internal SRAM and can operate at CPU frequencies of up to 204 MHz.
The LPC4357-DB1 evaluation board can be connected to a wide range of extension boards. These boards extends the LPC4357-DB1 peripheral with Touch Screen LCD, RS-232, RS-485 and CAN bus, HDMI interface.
LPC4357-DB1 Development Board Components
The LPC4357-DB1 development board contains most of the extensively used components. Its peripheral support can be easily extended by the LPC4357-DB1 PCB soldering options and wide range of extension boards.
The LPC4357-DB1 evaluation board hardware components are:
- LPC4357FET256 - dual-core ARM Cortex-M4 DSP controller with Cortex-M0 coprocessor.
- USB 2.0 High-speed interface - with mini USB type-B connector.
- 10/100MBit Ethernet interface - LPC4357-DB1 evaluation board contains assembled external PHY and connector.
- ARM Standard JTAG/SWD connector - 20-pin 2.54mm (0.1 inch)
- External NOR flash - 16MB Spansion S29AL016J70TFI01
- 4 user push-buttons + reset button
- 5 user controlled LEDs - 4 green LEDs + 1 red LED
- Boot select jumpers
LPC4357-DB1 PCB Soldering Options
LPC4357-DB1 evaluation board can be extended by soldering the following components:
- External SDRAM - we have tested the board with Micron MT48LC4M32B2-7 Synchronous DRAM.
- Real-Time Clock (RTC) - there are placeholder for RTC crystal and connection points for external power supply.
- Cortex Debug Connector - the small and low cost 10-pin 1.27mm (0.05 inch) connector can be assembled to access SWD, SWV, and JTAG signals available on Cortex-M4 and Cortex-M0 processors.
- Cortex Debug + ETM Connector - this small 20-pin 1.27mm (0.05 inch) connector can be assembled to access SWD, SWV, JTAG, and ETM (4-bit) signals available on Cortex-M4 and Cortex-M0 processors.
- Documentation and Downloads
Title Links Description Connectors and Jumpers Port and pins assignment on available connectors and jumpers description. Schematics Board schematics. Mechanical Drawing Board mechanical drawing.